How Can Geofencing In Lake Havasu Enhance Home Security?
Today's residential security options have become more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still fail to perform simple security chores like arming your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks in the future? When you implement geofencing in Lake Havasu, you can just leave the driveway and have your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Lake Havasu For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border along the sides of your house, which you can customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then uses your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to communicate with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you exit your premises, you may set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Lake Havasu. When accessing the mobile app, you can do a lot with home automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to turn down to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your surveillance system notices strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Have your lights switch off, the A/C go down, and the locks bolt when the day is done. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to arm your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Lake Havasu
Whether you seek extra peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (928) 888-9023 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.