Security cameras can simply be used as a deterrent—a display that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come armed with a number of features all designed to enable comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Lake Havasu.
How To Set Up Your Lake Havasu Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is installing your devices in the right areas around your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a great notion to set a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your front door, drive, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity could impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the beginning in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Lake Havasu. The additions described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your smart device the instant unusual movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin recording when movements are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your security cameras to film and save clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with guests with the unit. With your security app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more comprehensive view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your driveway and disregard cars passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Lake Havasu is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (928) 888-9023 or fill out the form below to begin building your security system today.