How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lake Havasu
You understand you need to safeguard your home. Above all else, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the ideal form of home protection? Determining if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lake Havasu and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a professional monitoring service that is prepared to provide help at a moment’s notice. When a door sensor triggers or a smoke detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists receive a warning immediately. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and dispatch the appropriate first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You could consider this option as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to respond to remedy the situation. This choice is the less expensive route, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Lake Havasu
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup in place is always smart. If you are on vacation, asleep, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll respond more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior components and seamless integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security expert, you will get access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Countless residents would prefer to have the job completed by skilled professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement will be satisfactory for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lake Havasu
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: DIYers could think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an added fee. Other residents will wish to use a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can integrate components when you wish - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you could find assembling into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in charge of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’re away from your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This situation will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No support hooking up the system: If you need assistance during an install, you might have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Lake Havasu
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Lake Havasu from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the best choice for you. Dial (928) 888-9023 today to speak with our security experts.