When you own a home, one of the biggest threats to your house and family members is the risk of fire. The U.S. Fire Administration projected in 2019 that American homeowners took on about $1.6 billion in costs due to unintentional or unattended fires. The terrible truth is fires are unpredictable and are frequently preventable -- if you know where to look. And, fortunately, you have a monitored fire alarm that sends you emergency responders ASAP if you undergo an emergency.
What Causes House Fires In Lake Havasu?
Fires may start in nearly any place with no warning on the premises. However, you may reduce the danger of a blaze if you take safety measures around the following items:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is the leading cause, by a huge margin, of a house fire in Lake Havasu. Cooking-related fires commonly start when the kitchen goes ignored while cooking food. Water tossed on a grease fire only works to escalate a flame that would on the other hand die out.
- Candles: Passing out in a room with a lit candle is problematic, even when you use a high-sided candle holder. The flame is more than capable of catching a curtain ablaze if left near a window, and a dog or cat can knock candles over. The National Fire Protection Association estimates that more than 7,600 houses were damaged due to candle-related accidents between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Corroded electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, malfunctioning or improperly set up lighting, and cut lamp cords is a big risk. Be careful not to overwhelm your outlets or plug anything in with uncovered wiring. On the off chance you hear a pop or smell smoke from the outlet, flip the breaker off ahead of investigating.
- Space Heaters: Look past coiled space heaters because waste, like dust, old papers, or blankets can accidentally make contact and spark up. However, you should also oversee fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of operation.
- Cigarettes: Just in 2014, U.S. fire departments fought blazes in more than 17,000 house fires started by cigars, pipes, or cigarettes. So if you have a smoker that smokes indoors, ensure they never fall asleep with a cigarette or lay in bed with one. And fully put out your cigarette before you throw it into a waste bin.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Does Can Helps When There’s A Fire
If a fire does start, you will need to have an effective warning system to inform your spouse and children as soon as possible. A common smoke alarm might be sufficient but is limited to alerting you if smoke is really billowing. An advanced fire alarm -- a security device that's pair with your home security devices -- is able to sense both smoke and excess heat and is better equipped to make sure everyone is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has several it can inform you of a fire. Your alarms can alert your loved ones with an ear-piercing tone and a notification to your smartphone. That’s when your ever-vigilant monitoring experts gets a hold of the fire department. And if you're ever somewhere where you aren’t able to race home when a fire breaks out, you can rest assured that your monitoring agent will maintain contact between you and first responders.
Utilize Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The possibility of house fires in Lake Havasu should never be discounted, but you can rest easier if you use a monitored fire alarm on hand. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you install all the safety alarms you need with a cutting-edge home security system. Call (928) 888-9023 or fill out the form below to get started.